1. Basmati Rice – 2 cups
2. Mixed vegetables (carrot, beans, mushroom, cabbage, peas, capsicum) – 1 cup
3. Green chilly – 3 pieces.
4. Ginger – 1 piece (small).
5. Ghee – as per requirement
6. Salt – as per requirement
7. Turmeric – 1 tsp
8. Cashewnut & dry grapes – 10 – 15 pieces each
9. Garam masala items (whole & not powder) – very little
10. Coriander Leaves
1. Cook Basmati Rice with water in 1:1 ratio (If in pressure cooker), adding little salt and turmeric powder.
2. Chop all vegs (it should be thin and lengthy) including ginger and green chilly (which also should be thin and lengthy)
3. If peas are not soft, soak in water for 10-15 mins.
4. Pour ghee in pan and fry the garam masala items for few secs. Then put cashewnut & dry grapes and fry for few secs. Now add all vegs, green chilli and ginger. Keep frying till the vegs look roasted.
5. Mix the rice with the vegs and decorate above with coriander leaves.
6. Serve with raita & a smile 🙂
1. I didn’t have coriander leaves in home. So, sorry it is missing here in picture.
2. Very easy and tasty. It takes max of 15 mins for prepration. Keep rice in cooker and simulatenously chop and fry vegs. Once when done, mix both in a big pan.
3. Don’t do hard mixing as the rice may get broken.